Friday, May 2, 2008

Goodnight - Sleeptight!

A couple of weeks ago Fran and Phyllis were sewing up a storm for the babies room. We had a sewing day and made the bedskirt, bumperpads, and pillows for the bedroom. It has turned out SO cute! I love it! Don't worry... I have a couple of ideas and plans up my sleeve to turn it into a girls room with just a couple of minor tweaks (Yes, we will be having a girl - someday). I wanted to show off all of their hard work and how good it looks. I am so lucky to have such a great mothers! Thanks for all the help! Phyllis was a champ and worked on the bumper pad (it was a nightmare, but looks fabulous!) Fran did the bed skirt and the pillows. (Can you see Clu's ugly dolls peeking out above the bumper pads - he has already put them in the crib.) Fran has all these great ideas that have translated into a wonderful babies room! I can't believe how great it looks - This is truely design on a dime! Thanks MOM!!!!!!


This is the place where our little guy will lay his head. Hopefully all through the night.


This is the book nook. It is not quite done, but I am sure that he is not going to be sitting on it for awhile. The book shelf came from Phyllis. We are going to paint it white and put a seat cushion down. I just have to get Clu in the mood for some painting. It may take awhile. Baby CJ has plenty of books thanks to my mom and Deb.


This is his dresser and changing pad (we made)!


I saved the best for last! This is what baby bug got from Grandma and Grandpa Snow for Christmas (spoiled little guy!) It has been hanging on the wall since! I just love it! I know that our little guy will not have curly blonde hair, and maybe not that light of skin, but it makes me think of him everytime I see it! She must've spent months and months on it! It is proudly hanging above the crib (until he starts to grab at it and then it will be time to move it to another wall). Thanks Phyllis! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!













4 comments:

Haven said...

What a fun room! Good job, Grandmas! I'm sure your little guy will have no problem enjoying his new digs.
Are you feeling the "stick-a-fork-in-me-I'm-done" feeling yet? ;)

d said...

darling, can't wait to see the final addition!

HL said...

The room is absolutely beautiful. It will look just perfect when you get to lay the baby in the crib.

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

It turned out soooo cute!! I love it. I love the chair too... We are still working on redoing mine. The book area is a really cute idea.