Monday, November 24, 2008

Grandma Snow the drug dealer

According to Grandpa Snow, Grandma Snow is an excellent drug dealer...her drug of choice is knitting. This past weekend, I found out how TRUE that is! Phyllis was kind enough to teach me how to knit and I am HOOKED! We started on Saturday night and I took the project home and finished it the same night. I was so sad because the next day Max was not cooperating and I had to wait until Monday for her to teach me how to start my next project. Once Max got up on Monday morning, the first thing I did was call Phyllis to see what time I she could give me my next lesson. Not only did I get my wonderful lesson, but we were able to hit some of the yarn stores so I could stalk up for the next projects. Phyllis, thanks for the drugs...I will be back for more very soon - keep them coming!

Steve took this picture of me with my first finished project.

6 comments:

Aunt Deb said...

I am so proud of you! I will need to start lessons of my own so I can hang out with the cool knitting club!

d said...

Sweet! Good job. TO help your addiction I want you to now knit this yarn into a scarf for me that I haven't started yet!!

Haven said...

My mom tried to teach me the ways of knitting and I just didn't get it. Maybe I'll have Phyllis give me a tutorial.
For now, I use one hook. Crocheting is my fun drug. :)

Great job on your first project! Post more when you have them.

Annaca said...

I think I knitted a washcloth in primary once and that's as far as my knitting career took me. You're my hero!!

Christine said...

Meg is cute too, but boy oh boy is that little Max darling! I haven't checked in for a long time and he has the cutest smile! What a doll.

Rebecca said...

That looks like so much fun. I love doing things like that. The next time you come down you will have to share your knowledge. Oh, and feel free to knit me something while you are missing me. :0)