Monday, May 17, 2010

Makin' Cake

This morning started off with a few hitches. Max was grumpy and whinned about everything. He finally agreed to get dressed (we had to run an errand), but half way through dressing, he was done. He was left in his shorts and onesie. I gave up and decided to try and get myself ready and give him a break. A few minutes later he brought in his robot pj bottoms and wanted them on. So I reluctantly agreed (fearing I might not get them off of him) and we put them over his shorts. After that he was magically happy. He figured he was dressed: diaper, onesie, shorts and pj bottoms. We were NOT going out with him in his pj's so I decided to start on the cupcakes for the party. Max sat on the counter and "helped" make the cake. We put the cupcakes in the oven and let them cook (or burn...twice). My oven is so broken! The bottom burns and the top never cooks...ugghh. So Max and I headed off to the store (I finally got him changed) to buy a cake for our party. What a day that is not even close to being over. I am sure that it will end wonderfully after our little party.

1 comment:

xomom said...

We sure did have fun at the birthday party! Only thing better would have been there watching Max help with the cupcakes. Happy Birthday to ALL the people at your house...