Friday, May 7, 2010

Showering in SG

In case you didn't know...my sister is having a BABY and is due in June! I am SO jealous...she hasn't thrown up once! Whoever said that sisters normally have the same type of pregnancies...LIED! She got nauseous maybe once and has worked out regularly! I guess we both worked out during our pregnancies but while my workout entailed running to the toilet and mustering enough energy to get back in bed (which didn’t always happen since I would be back at the toilet in less than 5 minutes) she has been running on the treadmill. She is glowing and is measuring right on! We can't wait for this little guy to show his face.

The real reason for my trip to St. George was to organize and give Tia the shower, so the days were mostly spent preparing for the shower. It turned out wonderful (don't mind if I say so). We had a great turn out, many people wanted to come congratulate her. She was so beautiful and sweet!

A couple of quick pictures from the big event:

Tia with her friend Jen (who made that darling quilt)Aunt Misty and Tia. Misty went with her trainer to pick out this special gift for Xavi. It was a soft blanket and bear. The gift was so thoughtful and heartfelt!Tia and MaddiTia with Ryndi's Girls, Addie and MiaWith one of her SIL's who made the Dodgers blanketMy mom and her sister, Stef (who is like a second mom)Couple of Tia's SIL's having a chatAunt Maggie, Mary, Kiera, Burgen and Grandma E enjoying a visitTia opening the best gift of all! A quilt made by Grandma E (and will be her last quilt). It is so special and Xavi will love it!Do we look exhausted? I was planning on getting a really cute picture of the two of us (you know one of those sister ones that will show that we kind of look like each other), but I forgot and this is all I had. I guess it doesn't matter cause the party was a hit.

Thank you to everyone who came! She was on cloud 9 the whole time.

The minute that baby thinks he is ready to make his appearance, Max and I will be in the car on our way to SG in 2 seconds (maybe we should have a bag packed just in case).

2 comments:

xomom said...

What fun and what a blessing this new little one is being anxiously awaited by so many. He is going to be loved to death....

d said...

SO fun for Tia! She looks great and it looks like you did a fabulous job! One more playmate for Max!