Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Still Cooking

I have had a lot of questions about the baby and this is the easiest/fastest way to let everyone know.
About a week ago "baby sister" (as Max calls her) thought she might want to come early, at about 30 weeks. I had been sick with what we thought was a stomach bug for over 5 days and couldn't shake it . I received IV fluids two days in a row hoping that would help, but it just kept getting worse. Finally the doctor said that I needed to go to the hospital. When I got there I had no idea I had gone into labor, I was so sick with stomach problems. No one cared the real reason I was there because they were concerned about the baby and her almost early arrival. It was pretty scary for awhile and they were preparing to move me to another hospital that delivers babies younger than 32 weeks (there are only two in the SL Valley). After a couple of hours they were able to stop the contractions and work on finding what was causing the pain, sickness and pre-term labor. They ran a million tests and decided that it was my previous stomach problems acting up again. They gave the baby a shot in case she does come early. After two days in the hospital they sent me home with some drugs (they don't advise surgery right now) and to be on bedrest. Our amazing families and friends have come to the rescue and been SO helpful. The baby is doing well and is still cooking in the oven, where we hope to keep her for a couple more weeks.

Thank you to everyone! We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.

2 comments:

Haven said...

Glad to hear it! We've been praying for you and your wee one. <3

d said...

Oh Meg I have been thinking and praying about you every day. I am so grateful for this update and can't wait for this pregnancy to be through!