Friday, August 12, 2011

Hobble Creek

The whirlwind summer vacations are coming to an end, so now it is time to catch up on the memories. We started with a Squire Family Reunion followed by the Snow Family vacation at Hobblecreek. It was so much fun to see the extended family and let the kids play together. Everyone was a good sport about the close quarters which made for many more fantastic memories.
A few of the highlights:
 - Sharing a room with Cannon, Roman and Boden (and I guess thier parents too). They were such good sports about all the noise, chaos and things.
 - Cousin gift exchange was a huge hit! It was like Christmas in July.

These gifts were well thought out and picked out by the other cousins. It was just how I imagined it to be... we all took the kids to the store and let them pick out the gift for the cousin's name they had. The kids loved thinking about each other and then got to watch them open it. 



Max gave to Lindsey and he was so happy they she loved her bracelets. He told me "Momma, she likes it, hurrah". They all took turns opening the gifts and being excited for everyone.


 I hope that this will be a tradition in our family, it helps keep us close at heart even though we are miles apart.
 - Ummm....Dodgeball. Need I say more. The kids got all the balls out and played boys against girls (they even let Garret and I play). The girls triumphed thanks to Vanessa's winning catch!





Garrett was out because Vanessa caught his ball.


 - Visiting the Jerusalem set was a big success. We were lucky enough to see the mostly completed set that the LDS Church will use in the new videos it is producing.
 - and last Bedtime! At times we were counting down until bedtime so that we could put the kids down to sleep and have a little adult time with family.

We made so many memories that will last us for many years to come! Thanks to everyone that came we know it wasn't easy (the long drives) but it was worth it and we loved seeing you all.

2 comments:

d said...

The gifts were such a big hit- my boys are so in love with their little Hero Factory guys. I love watching the kids open them almost as much as I love watching my boys pick them out. You forgot to put in the picture of Cannon throwing a tantrum in dodgeball- that kid.
Being roomies was great, let's just say it far exceeded my expectations for tight sleeping quarters! You guys were great roomies!

xomom said...

What a great post! Made me smile, made me sigh, made me laugh out loud. Family time is the very best time!!!!