Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Escape Artist

The other day Max was playing in the backyard and it seemed pretty quiet. I looked out the window and he was GONE!
I hurried out and found a trail of toys leading out of the fence. I found him down the street. We had a long talk about staying in the backyard and that night Clu bought a lock for the gate.



The next day this was my conversation with Max-
Max: Mom can I go out back and play?
Megan: Yes, but you’ll have to put your shoes on yourself to go out.
Max: (He struggles but finally puts his shoes on) Ready MOM!
Megan: OK Max have fun…
Few minutes later, I see Max just staring at the gate…
Megan: What’s wrong Max?
Max: It’s locked
Megan: Yes, it is locked because you kept getting out and running away.
Max: OH…Daddy went to Home Depot without me! I wanted to go too! (He didn't care that the gate       was locked, he was mad that he didn't get to go to Home Depot.)

I have no idea how this kid knew that you buy locks at Home Depot. There is NO DOUBT that he is Clu's boy.

1 comment:

xomom said...

This is one of my favorite "Maxisms"! He is such a daddy's boy. I just hope he is taking plenty of notes so he can help fix anything and everything like his dad.